Wednesday, December 13, 2006

GSP vs Hughes III

The date for the 3rd match between these two fantastic fighters is set for April 7 in Montreal. The fight win be for the UFC welterweight title as long as St. Pierre gets past Matt Serra. Something that I believe he will be able to do.

I think this fight will be different than the last fight. Matt Hughes is bound to go back and rethink his strategy. It was not a smart move to try and stand with GSP. St. Pierre is far to good of a kickboxer. I think he will be more persistent with take down attempts. With that being said, I still have to favor St. Pierre. I look at it this way. Matt may have a slight advantage as far as strength and grappling ability goes but it is only a slight one. GSP is very close to him in those aspects. But it is the striking that is the real difference. There is such a discrepancy between their skills in that department, that I think that it will make the difference for GSP in this bout.

Regardless of the outcome, I am sure this one will be great.

No comments: